C&T 65525/30 LCD -> Monitor -- Help needed

C&T 65525/30 LCD -> Monitor -- Help needed

Post by Kai Ping T » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 01:57:51

Hi,

I've got a Chips & Technology 65525/30 Flat Panel LCD
display card for my notebook. Does anyone have any ideas
how I can switch display from LCD to an external monitor?

I read from one of the readme files in the XF311 distribution
that I can do it from LILO when the bios is still memory resident.

Any information at all greatly appreciated.

Thanks -- KP

1. X-server is wierd until I switch from LCD->CRT->LCD

I am using a Acer (Texas Instruments) Extensa 390
it has a 'Chips & Technologies 65555'

WHen X starts in 8/16/24 bit mode I get a similar
overlapping image  as if the image was drawn interlaced but on a single pass

I found that by hotkeying to CRT mode
and then hotkeying back to LCD fixes this problem.
But I wish there was a more elegant fix.

On a side note, when I use the adjustment hot keys
(to adjust sound/brightness etc..)
my X cursor becomes a odd version of the level inticator on my screen
is there a way to tell the server to use a different piece of memory
for it's font cache??

--
.-.-..--._|_ _|_  AND SOMETIMES I THINK THAT WE ARE ALL BALLOONS WITH
| | |.--| |   |   LONG STRINGS SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING TO TIE ON TO.
|   ||__| |   |   http://umbc.edu/~mhaycr1     quote by:terrell neuage

2. I get connection timeout

3. help: XF86_SVGA + C&T 65545 + DualScan LCD

4. Linux on MIPS

5. What kind of HW needed for a 30 users systems + a system monitor tool ?

6. Is RedHat 6.1 safe to use? (Lots of bugs in the errata list)

7. Need help with ViewSonic VA800 LCD Monitor

8. help needed! - MACH64 card with LCD monitor!

9. AST Acentia P 30 : LCD panel problem

10. 2.0.30->33 => X server hangs

11. <<->> x-server and backspace: help needed please <<->>

12. X Windows with C&T 65545 and Hitachi 800x600 LCD (?)