Red Hat 7.1 freezes up after idling for a while in both text and KDE modes

Red Hat 7.1 freezes up after idling for a while in both text and KDE modes

Post by Tren » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:47:35

Hello,everyone.

My Red Hat 7.1 freezes up itself i.e locking up keyboard and mouse (if
I access my RH remotely from VNC, VNC client will crash) after idling
for few minutes in both text and KDE modes.
I have disabled my BIOS power management and screensavers in KDE. I
can not wake it up. The only way to make my RedHat to be active again
is do a cold reboot.

Any thoughts, please.

Thank you.

Trent

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. June Meeting Notice - The PARALLEL Processing Connection

3. Red Hat 7.1: Can't run Krite (KDE Advanced text Editor)

4. tuning question

5. Installing UPS on Red Hat 7.1

6. Symblinks in Release 5.0

7. Red Hat 7.1: KDE 2.1: Issues With Fonts

8. Help: can't generate snd-audiopci module in compiling ALSA driver

9. problems with red hat 7.1 and kde/x and SSH

10. KDE 2.1.1: Red Hat 7.1: 2 clicks instead of one

11. Red Hat 7.1 KDE Panel - removing applets

12. Red Hat 7.1 and KDE 2 in IBM ThinkPad A21p

13. Misc FontPath Questions: KDE 2.1.1, Red Hat 7.1, Xserver 4.0.0