named keeps crashing, is there a newer version?

named keeps crashing, is there a newer version?

Post by Richard Gil » Wed, 30 Nov 1994 00:07:25

We are using a Linux box as our name server. It all works fine 90% of the time
but every so often I find that the 'named' process is just missing. It has
obviously crashed for no apparent reason and no log file seems to contain the
answer. I have tried turning on debugging with SIGUSR1 but it seems to ignore
it. The 'named' executable is dated Feb. 2 1994. Is there a newer version?
I have looked on sunsite.unc.edu and failed to find any distribution of
named at all.

Richard

Richard Giles (Data Systems Dept.)
Fisons Instruments Surface Systems
Tel. (+044) 342 327211  Fax. (+044) 342 315074

Compuserve: 100065,132