Linux on PC without floppy.

Post by S Pirondi » Fri, 12 Nov 1993 20:11:26

Is it possible to install linux on a PC without a
floopy disk?

The PC can boot DOS from the local HD or from the
Novell network. The local HD has two partitions
the first one has DOS the other one is unused.

Savio Pirondini

1. Making custom boot floppies without a floppy.

Assume I have a laptop computer without a floppy
drive ( I don't, but assume it anyway :).

I want to create a custom boot cdrom.  This
seems to require that I have a floppy drive
to create the (lilo)  boot section for the cd.

Is there software, or a procedure, available
that will allow this without the actual floppy
drive?

Thanks in Advance,

John

2. HTTP server for Linux?

3. Q: How to read 3.5'' floppies without floppy drive ?

4. Advice for an HP T20 backup solution?

5. upgrading linux without floppy, cdrom

6. Slow login to Solaris hosts

7. Installing Linux without a floppy?

8. Help with Kernel Panic

9. installing Linux without floppy drive

10. Linux install without floppy

11. Installing Linux without a CD or floppy drive

12. Linux without a Floppy Drive

13. Linux install without floppy drive on notebook