GHOSTSCRIPT won't preview under vgalib - SLS 1.03

GHOSTSCRIPT won't preview under vgalib - SLS 1.03

Post by Rob Pri » Sat, 16 Oct 1993 13:50:02

The subject says it, really.  I can't get the stock ghostscript binaries
(gs 2.6.1 pl ?) to preview ghostscript using vgalib.  My command line looks
like:

and set returns

GSVGAMODE=4

Any suggestions?  I'd _really_ like to avoid having to recompile gs to fix
this, and i'm (reasonably) certain that the problem is something simple.
But then again, SLS has had major bugs in it before.  I wouldn't be
surprised if the one driver for gs that almost all SLS users will make use
of just doesn't work properly...

Oh, I forgot to mention, when I try the above command line, the result is
a pretty 'core.gs' file in my directory.  No messages, just a core dump.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

1. DOSEMU 0.49 won't compile under SLS 1.03 ???

I wonder if someone could help me with compiling DOSEMU 0.49... I have had
it compiled before, and would like to do so again.  However, I have
removed the source tree from my first compile, leaving only the
executables.  Now I don't have a working makefile anymore.

I downloaded the sources from tsx-11 (or was is sunsite?  I forget) and
installed them, but when I have finished configuring it and try to
compile, it goes through all of the compiling up to the 'ld' command
(where I assume it links all of the *.o files together?  I'm not a C
programmer...), then it dies with the error message 'incorrect directory
for libipc' or some such.

Any suggestions?  I remember from the first time I compiled it that I got
this message, but I don't recall the procedure to fix it...  Something
about editing a line in the Makefile, I think.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

2. comments on mice

3. Emacs of SLS 1.03 won't run

4. What is a Bus Error (SIGBUS)?

5. SLS 1.03 talk won't work!

6. maint update leads to missing disk space??

7. : SLS 1.03 won't boot: Error on Ramdisk at sector 1200

8. Cannot log in from KDM

9. 'freq' util for Stealth core dumps under SLS 1.03

10. Xterm control keys are 'dumb' (SLS 1.03)

11. no 'shutdown' in SLS 1.03 ?

12. Q: ghostscript 5.10 previews but won't print

13. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05