PCOMM Make problem

Post by Alan Ha » Sun, 25 Sep 1994 01:05:44

Hi folks,

I seem to be having a bit of a problem MAKEing Pcomm.  I finally managed to
get it to compile error free, but I get a bunch of unresolveds when it tries
to link the modules together.  I am including a listing of what I am getting.

Anyone have any ideas?  I tried to do a find on all *[ch], piped to grep to
see if I could locate some of the unresolved names, but had no luck.

Thanks,

Alan  Hall

chg_dir.o: Undefined symbol _beep referenced from text segment
cmd.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
cmd.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
curses.o: Undefined symbol _beep referenced from text segment
curses.o: Undefined symbol _cur_term referenced from text segment
curses.o: Undefined symbol _wattron referenced from text segment
curses.o: Undefined symbol _wattroff referenced from text segment
d_delete.o: Undefined symbol _beep referenced from text segment
d_menu.o: Undefined symbol _keypad referenced from text segment
d_menu.o: Undefined symbol _beep referenced from text segment
d_print.o: More undefined symbol _beep refs follow
main.o: Undefined symbol _setupterm referenced from text segment
main.o: Undefined symbol _cur_term referenced from text segment
n_shell.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
n_shell.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
passthru.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
pexit.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
terminal.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
terminal.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
terminal.o: Undefined symbol _keypad referenced from text segment
terminal.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
vcs.o: More undefined symbol _cur_term refs follow
vcs.o: Undefined symbol _tparm referenced from text segment
vcs.o: Undefined symbol _tputs referenced from text segment
x_ascii.o: Undefined symbol _resetterm referenced from text segment
x_ascii.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
x_extrnl.o: Undefined symbol _fixterm referenced from text segment
make: *** [pcomm] Error 1

--

** --------------------------------------------------------------------------

**   (408) 448-5615 (home)        PGP signature in .plan file
**   (415) 725-4532 (work)        A Penny saved is a Congressional oversight
** --------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCOMM Make problem

Post by Greg Cis » Sun, 25 Sep 1994 23:56:38

Quote:> Hi folks,

> I seem to be having a bit of a problem MAKEing Pcomm.  I finally managed to
> get it to compile error free, but I get a bunch of unresolveds when it tries
> to link the modules together.  I am including a listing of what I am getting.

> Anyone have any ideas?  I tried to do a find on all *[ch], piped to grep to
> see if I could locate some of the unresolved names, but had no luck.

1) use nm to  look for symbols in *.o files or libraries. (May even work on
executables...) This is similar to what you have tried. ie...

nm "filename" | grep SYMBOLNAME

BUT!!!

2) You have so many undefined symbols, that I wonder about your linking options.
Perhaps you are missing some libraries from your link line, that the *.o files
need? This is what I would look into...

Quote:

> Thanks,

> Alan  Hall

PCOMM Make problem

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Tue, 27 Sep 1994 06:09:23

>Hi folks,

>I seem to be having a bit of a problem MAKEing Pcomm.  I finally managed to
>get it to compile error free, but I get a bunch of unresolveds when it tries
>to link the modules together.  I am including a listing of what I am getting.

What are linking with? -lcurses or -lncurses?

Zeyd

--
---

NCURSES is available from ftp.netcom.com:pub/zmbenhal/ncurses
Current version is 1.8.5

1. Script problems with Pcomm

I am using Pcomm v.2.0.1 with Slackware 1.2. It works well when dialing
from the dialing directory. The only problem I had with installation
relates to getting a reversed contrast status bar on one machine and
normal status bar on the other (both have setenv term vt100).
   The shell scripts are a problem for me since they easily lock up
the screen and I have to go to another console, ps, and kill the
pcomm jobs. This happens most often when run the script from the
command files window instead of from the command line (pcomm -a
script_file). It would be a help if I could see other shell scripts
(for login to a main frame and also to a BBS). Can someone send
me examples? Many thanks, Don

--
Donald F. Parsons MD, Wadsworth Ctr. Rm C273, NY State Dept of Health, ESP,
PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201-0509. (518)474-7047 Fax: (518)474-7992

2. I need help to configure a radius server on a linux box.....

3. Pcomm installation problems.

4. RedHat 5.0 PPP (netcfg)

5. Pcomm problems (Can't find /lib/libc_v2_11c)

6. recovering a partition crash???

7. header <linux/types.h> problem in compiling pcomm

8. runing 0.99.10

9. Pcomm problems - "Windows not supported (terminal too dumb)"

10. Problem using tn3270 from pcomm

11. Making changes to env variables and making them stick

12. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

13. Pcomm