Urgent! Get Username in KERNEL

Post by H. Peter Anv » Wed, 05 Mar 1997 04:00:00

In newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.system

Quote:

> I want to get the username of an uid, which functions are useful,
> especially in KERNEL.
>    Any suggestion? solution?
> Regards,
> Vic Siu.
> :)

You can't do this in the kernel.  Rethink your design.

In user space, use getpwnam().

        -hpa
--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this
space has nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise

Post by Vic Si » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I want to get the username of an uid, which functions are useful,
especially in KERNEL.
        Any suggestion? solution?
Regards,
Vic Siu.
:)

1. URGENT: Apache server - Username/password authentication problem

I wanted authentication before access to a particular cgi directory.

These are the steps I did:

1.  I first added the cgi directory using 'ScriptAlias' in srm.conf.

ScriptAlias /pds-bin/ /u03/home/pds/cgi-bin/

2. Then I added a '<directory>' clause in access.conf as

<Directory /u03/home/pds/cgi-bin>
Options All
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/.htpasswd
</Directory>

3. Then I added the 'AccessConfig' clause in httpd.conf as

AccessConfig /opt/Summertime_97.sparc/WWW/apache-1.2b10/conf/access.conf

4. Then I ran the 'htpasswd' command as

htpasswd -c /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/.htpasswd  pady

    This added  a user to the .htpasswd file.

5. Now I brought down the 'httpd' daemon, and restarted it.

Now I cannot execute any CGI program. Both in my original cgi-bin and
the new ScriptAlias.

Please help. I would appreciate if you can forward a reply to my email
address also.

Thanks

Pady

2. route / netstat -r Online ?

3. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

4. socket++ for linux

5. URGENT URGENT URGENT

6. HP-DeskJet 820Cxi

7. ftp problem/urgent/urgent/urgent

8. 3COM 3CCE589EC

9. Getting Netware usernames from Linux

10. Getting username from UID

11. HELP: getting usernames of Windows'95 users

12. Getting username from setuid root script

13. Getting the Username