MS Serial mouse problem

Post by SEL.. » Thu, 27 Oct 1994 14:32:34

I have installed a new Linux system and have XFree running except that I
can't get the mouse to work. X will come up and I do not have mouse control.
I have a MS serial mouse on comm 1. Anyone have any ideas. I am running
Linux 1.0 with XFree86 2.0

Thanks in advance
Steve

MS Serial mouse problem

Post by SEL.. » Fri, 28 Oct 1994 10:32:23

>I have installed a new Linux system and have XFree running except that I
>can't get the mouse to work. X will come up and I do not have mouse control.
>I have a MS serial mouse on comm 1. Anyone have any ideas. I am running
>Linux 1.0 with XFree86 2.0
>Thanks in advance
>Steve

I want to add some more information. I have a Microsoft serial mouse. The
X server seems to work (responds to alt-ctrl-keypad + commands). My
Xconfig entry is :

Microsoft "/dev/ttyS0"
  BaudRate 9600
  Emulate3Buttons

Thanks
Steve

1. RH5/MS serial mouse problem

Like many, I'm having a problem with RH5 installing my MS serial mouse
on COM1.  startx gives me windows without a working mouse.  Tried
xf86config using tty0, 1, S0, psaux, cua0....tried some "gpm"
recommendations from the newgroups, and still am at a loss.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

dave_t

2. Redhat Colgate and IP aliasing

3. MS Serial Mouse Problems

4. Linux 2.4?

5. PROBLEM with X Windows and MS Serial Mouse !!

6. What does socket error "broken pipe" mean?

7. MS serial mouse not working in either Slackware or Redhat; ISDN problem

8. Help : redhat 4.2 instal l: error : "Idle task may not sleep"

9. Problem with MS serial mouse. Please Help

10. MS Serial Mouse 2.1A Problem

11. MS serial mouse, X problem

12. PROBLEM with X Windows and MS Serial Mouse !!

13. MS IntelliPoint Serial Mouse on RH 5.2