PATH and ENV setting location

Post by Steve Y » Sun, 18 Sep 1994 10:16:33

I wanted to know where linux put its PATHs and ENV setting because I couldn't
find them anywhere. Also do you pronounce linux as "lineux" order "lynux".

1. paths/env settings for su

Dear all,

when i run su, i find that paths are not what i want them to be. they have
for example, the
PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

as a result my rm defaults to /usr/bin/rm

mind u i change my shell as soon as i login from /sbin/sh to bash.

could this be the problem?
------------------------
Shoaib Burq
Dept. of Computer Science
Melbourne University
------------------------
"wise is not the one who works on time;
 wise is the one for whom time works"
        -- Adopted form the sayings of S. Khan

2. disk space

3. setting env PATH problems.

4. What a difference!

5. set env PATH

6. Sparc IPC/IPX PROM Reference

7. path env var not properly set

8. printf and floating point on Solaris vs NT

9. setting PATH env

10. How to set PATH env variable

11. env PATH contains duplicate paths

12. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

13. /bin/env standard location?