(repeated) Printing to an Apple StyleWriter II?

(repeated) Printing to an Apple StyleWriter II?

Post by Roy M. Turn » Sun, 20 Nov 1994 03:40:15

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any luck printing from Linux to an Apple StyleWriter II?  I've
got everything set up like I should--I think--as if the printer were a Canon
Bubblejet.  However, when I have ghostscript send it data, the printer does
absolutely nothing.

Any help, hints, etc., appreciated.  I'd rather not sell a perfectly good
printer if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

--
Roy M. Turner
Department of Computer Science

Phone: (603)862-2980           FAX: (603)862-3493

1. Printing to an Apple Stylewriter II?

Hi folks,

I would like to use my laptop (running linux, of course) to print to my Apple
StyleWriter II.  I've looked in the Printing and Serial HOWTO's, but can't
seem to make any headway.

I have a cable that seems to work -- at least, I can communicate with my
Macintosh using it between the laptop's and the Mac's serial ports (though
it's an ugly beastie, consisting of a PC modem cable, a gender changer, a null
modem, and a Mac modem cable all hooked together).  I have tried using
GhostScript, with the device bj200.  When I do something like:
        gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/dev/ttyS0 foo.ps
GhostScript chugs away for a while, then says it has done a showpage and
requests a return.  The printer, meanwhile, has done a good imitation of a
rock.  I've tried permutations of this (using /dev/mouse, e.g., and making gs
produce a file and cat'ing it to the serial port directly), but no luck.

What am I missing?  Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks a lot.
        --Roy

--
Roy M. Turner
Department of Computer Science
Kingsbury Hall, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824

Phone: (603)862-2980           FAX: (603)862-3493

2. Cheap NE2000 clone worth it?

3. Printer Apple StyleWriter II

4. help with sendmail

5. Apple Stylewriter II and Linux

6. Help find a Riptide PCI Audio Device Driver for linux

7. Printing on a Apple StyleWriter

8. Writers Seeking Publication

9. Printing to Apple StyleWriter?

10. Apple Stylewriter won't print

11. Laptop printing with Apple LaserWriter II NTX??

12. Laptop printing w/ Apple LaserWriter II NTX??

13. Printing problem: To Apple Laser Writer II, printcap file?