Houston Linux Users' Group Meeting

Post by Jim Ga » Sat, 18 Feb 1995 20:41:35

My company is furnishing donuts and kolaches for the meeting so don't eat
breakfast!!<G>

Jim Gary
EDGAR Services
Chas. P. Young Co.
SYSOP 74431,2516
FPNet Electronic Filers' Forum

As was pointed out to me in the last 'announcement' I sent out, I did not
include enough information for those without web access.  I goofed.  Please
see below.

ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!

The next monthly meeting of the Houston Area Linux Users Group wil be held
Saturday, April 22, 1995 at the University of Houston, Clear Lake Campus in
room 3-315, from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm.

The main topic of discussion will be the configuring of the X11R5/X11R6 server
under Linux.  We will also have a discussion on the pros and cons of the GPL.

Michael Robinson might present a summary of the happings at Novell's BrainShare.

As normal, we will have time for an open Q&A session at the end of the meeting.

For more information, please refere to one of the sources below:

        Voice:  Don Harper, 713.220.2937

        WWW:    http://www.infocom.net/~hlug

Directions:

(or may be 3 blocks) after Space Center Blvd. turn right into the
campus. After you cross a little bridge, you will come to an
intersection of two streets. Turn right again and that will take
you to the students parking lot which is in front of the
(actually the back) Bayou Building.  Go in the building and
get to the third floor, the rooms are numbered and our room
is close to the middle elevator in the second atrium.  It is room 3-315.

--

Communications Office for Houston Linux Users Group
Running Linux 1.2.1

2. Packages needed for RH 6.0

4. wu ftpd for anonymous

5. Philly LINUX User's Group meeting.

6. Veritas or Solstice ODS on internal drives

8. Best webmail for AIX 4.1.5?

9. Linux User's Group Meeting