Installing RedHat 7.2 inside VMWare

Post by Fred Zimmerma » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:12:02

Has anyone installed RedHat 7.2 inside a VMWare virtual machine?

I have 2 questions:

1) Disk Type: Should I use Existing Physical Disk, or Virtual Disk for
selected disk type?  I have a 3.91 Gb partition on my IDE drive, that
will be used for nothing else but the
RedHat 7.2 Virtual Machine.

2) When I started installing RedHat on this VM, it asked me whether I
wanted to -

 Have the installer automatically partition for you
 Manually partition with Disk Druid
 Manually partition with fdisk

What should I choose here (ease of installation is important)?

Thanks in advance,

1. Installing RedHat 7.2 in VMWare

Has anyone installed RedHat 7.2 inside a VMWare virtual machine?

I have 2 questions:

1) Disk Type: Should I use Existing Physical Disk, or Virtual Disk for
selected disk type?  I have a 3.91 Gb partition on my IDE drive, that
will be used for nothing else but the
RedHat 7.2 Virtual Machine.

2) When I started installing RedHat on this VM, it asked me whether I
wanted to -

 Have the installer automatically partition for you
 Manually partition with Disk Druid
 Manually partition with fdisk

What should I choose here (ease of installation is important)?

Thanks in advance,

2. Partition Magic And Caldera 2.2

3. VMware 3.0 and RedHat 7.2

4. PCI DSL modem = ATM???

5. vmware 3.0 fails config.pl on redhat 7.2

6. Veritas VM dmp & Solaris 8

7. RedHat 7.2 firewall, FTP, VMWare, etc

8. Swapping limit on multiple SCSI luns

9. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

10. Un Install Redhat 7.2 and back to Windows Install ?????

11. How to install Sun Solaris 10 inside VMware Workstation 5.5

12. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2

13. RedHat 7.2 on THinkPad 7.2