Logitech serial mouse help

Post by Make my day,pun » Tue, 01 Mar 1994 07:14:53

        Hi all. I upgraded to Slackware 1.1.2, and can't have my mouse work
on X (or using selection ...): it is a serial mouse on com2: that works
just fine in DOS. Anyone willing to give me some clue ? The kernel I am
using has mcd enabled, would that be a problem ? When I run xinit, the mouse
acts strangely. A 'cat /dev/ttyS1' shows a consistent flow of "garbage", so I
assume the mouse is talking to the software, somehow. Clues ?

thanks,

--izar
--

"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes
living worthwhile?"

Logitech serial mouse help

Post by Hendrik G. Selig » Thu, 03 Mar 1994 17:11:57

: using has mcd enabled, would that be a problem ? When I run xinit, the mouse
: acts strangely. A 'cat /dev/ttyS1' shows a consistent flow of "garbage", so I

Check your Xconfig, which might have been changed by upgrading. The mouse
should be installed as a Microsoft mouse in the Xconfig, then it should
work (if it's called a MouseSystems it will behave crazy).

   Hank

         Hendrik G. Seliger                  Universitaet Essen

      Tel.: +49-201-183-2898                45117 Essen, Germany
             "Handling interrupts is simple." (G. Pajari)
             "Interrupts are an unpleasant fact of life." (A. Tanenbaum)

Logitech serial mouse help

Post by Quic » Wed, 09 Mar 1994 19:54:52

I found a 'cure' for my serial mouse problems. I have 4 com ports in the
'standard' configuration so ttyS0 and ttyS2 share an IR. I couldn't use
the mouse on any Linux thing until I removed the getty I had running on ttyS2
for external serial logins. This may help someone.
        boggle

1. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.

Subject says it all,  after weeks of pain, grief, frustration, hating
everybody who kept telling me that Logitech mice work fine with 0.96bp2.
I finally got my Logitech Mouseman (3 buttons) to work.  Simply by
uncommenting the line in Xconfig for a Microsoft mouse. (Thank you whoever
posted this little snippet of advice, if only I had known).  However, I have
a 3 BUTTON mouse and would really like to use it as such.  Does anybody have
  ^^^^^^^^
a Mouseman working with 3 buttons.  Please, please tell me if you do.

Thanks (I hope) in advance,

Scott.

2. Monitoring tcpip win Solaris 2.x - Playing netgod!

3. Need help with Logitech first mouse -- serial version

4. XDMCP - CDE Login

5. Logitech serial mouse M-MD15L -- 3rd button?

6. What is the most common filesystem organization for 2.2

7. Xfree86 4.0 & Logitech FirstMouse+ serial mouse problem

8. fdisk cannot see 2100 cylinder drive

9. Serial Logitech Mouse make problems on console (in XF86 OK ! )

10. Logitech serial mouse & X

11. Logitech Serial Mouseman Bus mouse?

12. serial Logitech mouse

13. Logitech Serial-Mouse Port woes...