Networking with pl12 (apology!!)

Post by Stephen Darra » Sun, 29 Aug 1993 19:04:32

G'day...

Sorry for wasting everyone's time - it WAS a network cabling problem.
<embarrassed look>

The little caps on the terminating resistors at BOTH ends had come loose.

... Stephen

1. Networking with pl12 (my solution)

Hi netters,

A few days ago I asked a question about networking with the pl12 kernel.
From the news I understand that I'm not the only one with problems. I tried
to use the latest SLS 1.03 release which includes the latest (final) pl12
release of the kernel.

I received all kind of hints of how to organize my /etc/rc.net
startup-file(s), but none of these worked and my routing remained broken.
There are some suggestions left that I didn't try (yet):
* Using the 4.4.2 library (Linus), which is however still in the alpha
  phase (see comp.os.linux/53589).
* Using a different /etc/route (Jon Tombs in comp.os.linux/53653).

Right now I installed the Slackware 1.01 release (from nic.funet.fi), which
still includes the earlier version of the kernel (pl12 ALPHA of Aug 7 if I'm
correct). With this package my networking worked without any major probles.

--
Ronald Aarts

Physics Department, P.O. Box 513,   |    Phone: +.31.40.474213
5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands  |      Fax: +.31.40.453587

2. mmap

3. Weird network problem with pl12

4. firefox over ssh

5. talk not working with pl12/net-2, loopback only : network unreachable

6. help with cpio

7. Weird network problem with pl12

8. Light Weight Processing Library

9. Networking with PL12

10. network with pl12

11. networking with pl12

12. Setting IRQ or Networking with PL12

13. An apology-Netiquette about Network Professionals Resource Center