mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

Post by min.. » Sun, 11 Sep 1994 06:31:50

I install a CD-ROM of linux into my computer using CD-ROM drive.
My system is Gateway 2000 P5-60 with NEC CDR-260(IDE CD-ROM) drive.
After repartitioning my hard disk drive, I could boot linux O.S.
using the boot144. And then due to root14 I could login into the root accout.
As a root, I made and formated root, swap(82), /usr partitions.
Slackware was so straightforward that I followed the directions for
setup (addswap, source, target, disksets, install).
My problem was to decide the source of installation.
There was no option for my CD-ROM drive type,  NEC CDR-260(IDE CD-ROM) drive.
So I could not mount the CD-ROM drive on some directory of the filesystem.
Would please tell me how I can handle this problem?
Thank you very much.

- Doug

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. Linux Serial Comm Prob

3. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

4. Must Metacity click always raise window?

5. Need help with NEC CDR-260 CD ROM drive

6. SMP on Dell 4300 server

7. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM

8. Solaris 10: cannot gracefully shutdown legacy services?

9. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM - Compatibility with Linux

10. Linux won't recognize my CD-ROM (nec cdr-260)

11. Playing Audio CDs with NEC CD-ROM drive 260

12. NEC IDE CDR-260

13. 2nd IDE Host/NEC CDR-260