Can the BackSpace key send an ASCII Backspace (^H)?

Can the BackSpace key send an ASCII Backspace (^H)?

Post by Ronald Oh » Fri, 01 Apr 1994 07:33:57

The subject says it all.  How can I set it up so the backspace key on
my keyboard sends a backspace instead of a delete?

I've looked through the FAQs, the HOWTOs, and have tried to do it with
loadkeys.  No success.

Email response preferred.

Thanks,

University of California, San Diego     Department of Cognitive Science

University of California, San Diego     Department of Cognitive Science

1. How to make backspace key be backspace?

My Linux system has a really annoying problem - the backspace key maps to the
delete key. In an Xterm I can use `stty erase ^?', but in any other X program
it's still the delete key.

I'm sure this is in a FAQ somewhere, but I have been unable to find it. I'd
rather not remap the delete key to a ^H because then the delete key won't work.

Any advice? Please CC me an e-mail. Thanks!

                                        jk

2. Resolution XFree86 3.3

3. Can't get [Backspace] key to register ASCII DEL

4. hardware one-time schemes and sources

5. newbie question: backspace key in Netscape is acting like the delete key

6. telnet with c/c++

7. X11: Backspace key same as delete key? Solution?

8. PCI-Printerport Oxford-Semiconductors

9. backspace key is behaving like a delete key

10. Backspace key becomes ^H in mail, man, etc; DEL key becomes ^[[3

11. backspace does delete not backspace

12. backspace in X vs backspace in console

13. how to set backspace as backspace, not delete?