Silicon Graphics lib; gl

Post by Mark Fernyhou » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 02:06:16

I heard sometime ago that somewhere the silicon graphics gl libraries are
available for linux. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find them. I
would be very grateful if someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Mark Fernyhough

Silicon Graphics lib; gl

Post by Eckard Kopatz » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 05:22:21

> I heard sometime ago that somewhere the silicon graphics gl libraries are
> available for linux. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find them. I
> would be very grateful if someone point me in the right direction.

> Thanks in advance

> Mark Fernyhough

Try looking for a library called "vogl" on sunsite or tsx, I'm not sure, in
the linux/lib tree or under GCC.

--

Therese-Giehse-Allee 53     CompuServe 100024,2175
D-81739 Muenchen, Germany     Voice +49-89-6378103

Silicon Graphics lib; gl

Post by John M. Tippi » Thu, 30 Jun 1994 06:09:09

>Try looking for a library called "vogl" on sunsite or tsx, I'm not sure, in
>the linux/lib tree or under GCC.

>--

>Therese-Giehse-Allee 53     CompuServe 100024,2175
>D-81739 Muenchen, Germany     Voice +49-89-6378103

Vogl is supposed to be a decent replica of SGI's gl, minus
some of the high performance routines like texture mapping,
and whatnot (I am not sure what all is missing; it runs everything
I have compiled)

The main problem though is that it is as slow as you would expect if
you are used to using SGI's.

1. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux

Hi Linuxers,

I just got a new copy of gcc-2.4.5 and source code of the pl11.
After having done the installation of gcc-2.4.5, I realised that
I have an extra directory: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux.
The question is whether I need to keep the old gcc stuff under
the i386-linux.  I really like to clean it up so as to save 5.1
meg disk space (another poor Linux user  ;-( ).

Your answer is very appreciated.  Please send answer directly
to my address or the corresponding interest parties to reduce
the network load.  Thank you in advance.

Wing

2. S.u.s.e 5.2 and compiling a new kernel

3. HOW TO CONNECT A PC TO A SILICON GRAPHIC?

4. rh6.1, HOW TO FORMAT A DISK

5. Connect Silicon Graphics machine to internet.

6. ACPI Toshiba-extras LCD backlight control not working anymore?

7. Solaris on Silicon Graphics Indy

9. UNIX Digital Media Drivers Engineer for Silicon Graphics, Mountain View, CA

10. VT100 compatibility on a Silicon Graphics IRIS

11. solaris for MIPS or Silicon Graphics machines