Can ATI TV-Out work under Linux?

Post by Nomen Nesci » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 07:00:19

Does anyone know if the new linux drivers released by ATI address this
problem now?

thanx

nomen

You said:
-------------------------------------
I've been combing around the Internet to see if anyone has documented
how to get TV-Out working under Linux.

I have an old Pentium II 233MHz retrofitted into a home entertainment
component of sorts (really nice idea cordless/keyboard and mouse - works
really well surprisingly readable with S-Video under Win - anyway...)
and I'd like to be able to use Linux/Xwindows with this system, just as
I can use it under MS-Win.

I can use standard text mode, but as soon as Xwindows opens (and changes
resolution) the image becomes distorted.  I can't really seem to figure
out how to make Xconfigurator work to my advantage here.

Does anyone know any fixes?

--
Sonnik,
from Sonnik Innovations

1. Can ATI TV-Out work under Linux?

I've been combing around the Internet to see if anyone has documented
how to get TV-Out working under Linux.

I have an old Pentium II 233MHz retrofitted into a home entertainment
component of sorts (really nice idea cordless/keyboard and mouse - works
really well surprisingly readable with S-Video under Win - anyway...)
and I'd like to be able to use Linux/Xwindows with this system, just as
I can use it under MS-Win.

I can use standard text mode, but as soon as Xwindows opens (and changes
resolution) the image becomes distorted.  I can't really seem to figure
out how to make Xconfigurator work to my advantage here.

Does anyone know any fixes?

--
Sonnik,
from Sonnik Innovations
(to e-mail, delete "_nospam" from address)

2. UUEncode/Decode format

3. TV-OUT in ATI Rage LT Pro under Linux/X11 ?

4. Diamond SupraExpress 56 internal

5. TV-out under Linux / ATI Expert PLay 2000 card

6. Need some help with Linux and NT.

7. anyone have a ATI tv tuner card working in Linux?

8. ccd hd mirroring

9. E-mail from ATI Tech Support / ATI TV `n Linux...

10. bttv: Strange frame drop-outs during TV grabbing

11. Looking for a card with working TV-out in linux

12. ATI Xpert@Play & TV-Out

13. Ati Rage II+DVD using tv-out with XFree86??