Burning my own Linux CD's

Post by Ray Schul » Sun, 13 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>    [posted and mailed]

>    Hi Steve,
>    You've posted this to an advocacy group, the users of which are
>unlikely to offer assistance.  I've crossposted your question to
>comp.os.linux.help and will attempt to answer your question as best I
>can.

Dear Maynard,

I saw a couple of your posts on C.O.L.A.
I think you are doing a great service by
answering some of the questions that are
posted to that group by error.

I have been playing around with Linux for
more than 2 or 3 years and have just come
into more time to spend with the subject.
I have been looking around for some way
to help those new to Linux.

I have looked into my local LUG group
(Houston,Tx.) but have not found that
group to be very helpful to new users.

I have looked into (gotten on mailing lists)
different projects to help develop software.
But not being a programer is a disadvantage.

I have found one group that may be helpfull
in the future:

http://www.freehive.org/
If you are interested, check it out.

The point to this message is just to say that I
think it is a GOOD thing what you are doing.
And I may start doing the same thing.  And
that is giveing time to answering questions
in the news groups.

P.S. I tried to mail this to the from header of this post but
got a bounce.

p.s. My local news feed doesn't have comp.os.linux.help
nore does Dejanews carry it.  What's up with that?

Ray Schultz
---
Ray Schultz
Houston, Texas
"Some people are educated beyond their intelligence."

1. Burning my own Linux CD's

Well I have an HP7110ep burner and I'm using EZ CD Creator v3.0 under
win98... and I know to make the install cd I have to use ISO9660 with
long file name format, but heres the problem... it won't let me make
file names with multiple periods.... ie... it want to change:

bind-utils.4.9-8.7.rpm

to -->

bind-utils_4_9-8_7.rpm

and I'm wonering if this is going to be compatible with the installer...
and if not what in hell do I do now?

Thanx for the help

--Steve Castano
--

Steven Castano:

* Residential Network Consultant:
        - University at Albany
        - Brubacher Hall, Alumni Quad

* System Administraor:
        - SilverStreak.ml.org
        - Widjit.ml.org

* Steven M. Castano
* Alumni Quad, University at Albany
* Alden Hall, Box 65
* Albany, NY, 12222

2. Linux multicast is slower than Windows multicast ?

3. Burning Your Own CD's

4. khylafax doesn't run

5. Need help with burning Linux CD's on a PC using Easy CD Creator 5

6. Using password protected pages with Apache?

7. Burning an ISO into a bootable CD and mp3's to music CD's.

8. Plip and ppp(pap)

9. Burning DVD's and CD's with Pioneer DVR-A03 and Red Hat Linux

10. I want to burn my own RedHat 5.0 CD Help!

11. Burning My Own Red Hat CD

12. In which format do I burn my own copy of the R5 CD?

13. burning your own install cd problem