DIP keeps dropping connection...

Post by Chris Anders » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:52:45

Can anyone give me an idea why dip might keep dropping my connection for
no apparant reason?

I have used dip for almost 6 mo. with kernel 0.99.13 and the other day I
upgraded to slackware 2.0 (kernel 1.0.9) and now it seems to randomly
drop carrier after around 20 mins...

Slackware came with dip-3.3.7-uri, but I recomplied dip-3.3.7-strauss
because that is the one that I was using with the old kernel and it
supports the 'call' command..

Anyhow, if anyone can point me to where the problem could be, I would be
VERY APPRECIATIVE because it is kind of a pain loosing carrier all the
time...

Thanks in advance..

(OH, please send responces via email.. thanks)

--
Chris Anderson                  |   Sex,
University of Texas at Austin   |   *,

1. dip Keeps dropping connection! Help!

 I use dip to start up slip/ppp connections to our network here at school, and
 under high demand, such as an ftp session and netscape, or 2 ftp sessions,
 the line drops.  I have a SPortster 28800 V.FC modem, but it also happened
 when I had a Zoom 14400.  But a friend of mine has a Sportster 28800 and his
 never drops.  I'm trying some different initialization strings now, but in
 the event that this doesn't help, or if anyone knows of any commands I should
 give the modem, please give me a hand.  Also, I've never connected at higher
 than 14400, is there something I can do about this assuming my phone line is
 OK and my ISP is capable?  Thanks a lot...

 Mike

2. Setting up remsh access ...

3. DIP Kept Dropping the Connection, Help!

4. Promise controller working, but how to boot from it?

5. help! keep dropping network connection

6. Setting up Xconsole ?? Howto

7. PPP connection keeps dropping intermittently - how do I determine why?

8. Dosemu 0.53

9. EFAX keeps dropping connection after first page

10. can I keep telnet connection alive when ISDN connection fails+restarts

11. Ethernet Interface Keeps Dropping - HELP!!!!

12. Dial-in modem keeps dropping line

13. PPP Keeps dropping link on File Transfer!