1. Sound recording w/es1371 won't work, playing does work
I *think* I'm doing everything right, but I simply cannot get sound
recording to work.
I've got an es1371 card-- a Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI. I'm running
2.4.8-ac1, and have the modules ac97_codec and es1371 loaded. (Those
seem to be the only sound-related modules). The card works just
fine for playing sounds. However, I have yet to get it to work for
What I've done is try both a mic (which I don't actually know works) and
a tape player connected via a patch cord (which I do know works). I've
tried connecting the patch cord to both the "mic" and "line in"
jacks. (The card has three jacks colored blue, red, and green.) I've
used aumix and gmix to tell the thing to set (in turn) mic, line, and
lin1 to record. I then use this command to record:
sox -s -t ossdsp /dev/dsp test.wav
I record for a few seconds, then stop. Every time I try this, I get a
WAV file which is completely silent. (Not completely-- looking at it
with the sound editor SND, it looks like there's a very small amount of
bit noise in there.) Never do I hear anything remotely resembling the
audio signal I put into it. I've tried all combinations of jacks and
using gmix to set various lines into recording mode, all to no avail.
Is there something obvious I might be doing wrong here?
2. Max chars in a variable?
3. 'make' won't work w/o '-f Makefile', which sucks.
4. Upgrade all Linux Certification exams to test knowledge of PROGRAMMING!!
5. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help
6. Installing HP Laserjet 6L
7. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!
8. ftpd : two simple questions. (NetBSD 1.5.1 on i386)
9. After linux's network works, win XP's network cannot work ?
10. why won't scripts work unless i 'source' them?
11. The command 'rcp' won't work???
12. Gunzip won't work -'not in gz format' message
13. 'Enter key won't work'