Ok, how's this for a suggestion - think how XFree can possibly manage
to get that virtual desktop scrolling about so *very* quickly.
Hint: I doubt he's got eight megs on his video card, eh?
\ ::: "His world is under anaesthetic - subdivided and synthetic" - Rush ::: /
1. More memory=new problems with XFree?
I recently added 64M ram to my PPro 200 Linux box (RH 5.1).
work OK, but ... when I shutdown (-r or -h), the screen
flashes a scond and displays some text at a VERY low res text
mode. Seems to
correlate directly with the addition of the new memory! Any
clue as to why this should be? I went from 32M to 96M, if it
3. Problem upgrade from Xfree-3.3.2 to Xfree-3.3.3
4. how do I restrict user's FTP access to certain directory only
5. Xfree - Sparc Xfree problem
7. xfree 1.2 grabs all available memory
8. Q: additional LLI drivers for ODT 3.0
9. XFree 3.1.2 /Mach32 memory leak
10. XFree 3.9.x and memory usage
11. XFree 4.0 & Kernel 2.4 memory leak.
12. XFree-4.0.3 memory consumption?
13. XFree is using 56M of memory with only an xterm with top running