modem locked but I can't find the lock file

modem locked but I can't find the lock file

Post by Mario Nascimen » Wed, 09 Feb 1994 17:20:21

I tried to use kermit just a couple hours ago and 8-( suprise 8-(, it
says that the modem line is not defined (BS !) or busy (?). I couldn't
find the lock file where I guessed it should be. Further I (as root)
tried to `find` it down from the root directory and nothing (BTW, I'm
looking for a file LCK..modem, anyway I asked `find` for \*LCK\*). No
luck. I had to boot my DOS to get my modem under it, so the modem board
is not the problem. I went back to Linux and no modem still (!). So,
here I am, back to MeSSy DOS asking for any help on this matter. Thanks
a lot.

1. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

'Netters,

A time ago someone asked about implementing their Num Lock, Caps Lock,
and Scroll Lock keyboard lights as a modem transmit and receive status
indicator.

Has anyone accomplished this?  If so, is the code at an archive site?

-Rod
--
-----------
If you yell try : Rod Troch                  | Zeta Beta Tau

Pgp key available upon request.              | happyHappy joyJoy
         Don't mess with TEXAS. (Lonestar - A Linux box)

2. HP550C

3. "Can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock"

4. Best supported 2d/3d Vid Card for RH 7.1?

5. netscape rpm from compaq + my box = lock lock lock

6. New Vger Linux-Activists Lists for Linux Ports

7. Modem locks (hardware lock) since new linux upgrade

8. How do you use Shell Script in the Job

9. Can't open "/usr/local/news/locks/LOCK.newgroup.log"

10. More mail file locking questions (lockf, NFS, /var/spool/mail/*.lock)

11. Locked files - who has it locked?

12. Samba can't find file locking on Sol 2.6

13. Apache: Cannot open lock file: /usr/logs/httpd.lock.10064