innd cant bind

Post by wh » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:57:12

Somewhere between kernel 1.1.74 and 1.1.94 I ran into a snag with INN.

I get the following message in /var/adm/syslog:

Quote:>Mar 19 22:53:55 dogmeat inndstart: inndstart cant bind Address already in use

Just to make sure, I reinstalled 1.1.74 kernel and the problem went
away.  This evening I loaded the 1.2.0 kernel, same problem. Then I ftp'd
inn-1.4sec, compiled and tried to start it, same problem.

Any ideas?
--

Bill Plein

innd cant bind

Post by wh » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:13:59

After u[grading past kernel 1.1.74 to 1.1.94, I get the follwoing message

Mar 19 22:53:55 dogmeat inndstart: inndstart cant bind Address already in use

I upgraded to kernel 1.2.0, same message. I moved back to 1.1.74, no
errors and INN runs well. As a last resort I recompiled inn1.4 under my
new kernel and I still get the above error.

Any thoughts? Is it possible I left somehting out of my kernel config to
make this occur?
--

Bill Plein

innd cant bind

Post by wh » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:15:39

After upgrading linux kernel 1.1.74 to 1.1.94, I get the following message

Mar 19 22:53:55 dogmeat inndstart: inndstart cant bind Address already in use

I upgraded to kernel 1.2.0, same message. I moved back to 1.1.74, no
errors and INN runs well. As a last resort I recompiled inn1.4 under my
new kernel and I still get the above error.

Any thoughts? Is it possible I left somehting out of my kernel config to
make this occur?

--

Bill Plein

1. innd cant bind

Subject: innd cant bind
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
Pardon the multiple posts. Not only have the newsgroups rearranged but I
also had problems on my provider.

Problem at hand:

After upgrading kernel 1.1.74 to 1.1.94, I get the following message

Mar 19 22:53:55 dogmeat inndstart: inndstart cant bind Address already in use

I upgraded to kernel 1.2.0, same message. I moved back to 1.1.74, no
errors and INN runs well. As a last resort I recompiled inn1.4 under my
new kernel and I still get the above error.

Any thoughts? Is it possible I left somehting out of my kernel config to
make this occur?

p.s. in addition I am also seeing similar messages when mail launches
smtpd.  These problems go away with the earlier kernel.

--

Bill Plein

2. linux routing rules

3. innd: ME cant bind RCreader Address already in use

4. MS Says Unix better than W2K

5. Why does innd say ME cant bind RCreader Address already in use?

6. Can Unix sleep in terms of mili/micro?

7. innd: cant read Resource temporarily unavailable (SunOS5.4)

8. Looking for TCP and UDP proxy with port range remapping support

9. INND: SERVER cant dbzinit!

10. INND: cant dbminit ME Math argument out of domain of func

11. innd doesn't start because can't bind "RCreader"

12. inndstart fails..cant bind

13. Error using bind:Cant assign requested address