CD ISO image help

Post by rockbab » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:24:56

hi to all,

i am a newbie seeking help

i want to install Red Hat 6.2 and someone told me to download an ISO
image from the web .

so i downloaded the image worth 671 M, but still cant figure out how
that one works ..

i suppose i just have to burn that file to a cd ..
and i could see the directory structure after that .

is that true ..

if not ..
can some one please tell me how to make use of that file
the linux installation book i bought doesn't have anything for that
issue .

regards,
rockbaby

CD ISO image help

Post by Yurasis Drago » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:33:21

>hi to all,

>i am a newbie seeking help

>i want to install Red Hat 6.2 and someone told me to download an ISO
>image from the web .

>so i downloaded the image worth 671 M, but still cant figure out how
>that one works ..

>i suppose i just have to burn that file to a cd ..
>and i could see the directory structure after that .

>is that true ..

>if not ..
>can some one please tell me how to make use of that file
>the linux installation book i bought doesn't have anything for that
>issue .

>regards,
>rockbaby

Yup.

I did this with RH7, can't remember the program I used, and had to select
"Create CD from image ...".

CD ISO image help

Post by zak » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:48:39

yes...if you boot up the computer with the cd the istallation program
will start automatically too..

> hi to all,

> i am a newbie seeking help

> i want to install Red Hat 6.2 and someone told me to download an ISO
> image from the web .

> so i downloaded the image worth 671 M, but still cant figure out how
> that one works ..

> i suppose i just have to burn that file to a cd ..
> and i could see the directory structure after that .

> is that true ..

> if not ..
> can some one please tell me how to make use of that file
> the linux installation book i bought doesn't have anything for that
> issue .

> regards,
> rockbaby

CD ISO image help

Post by Kelly Marti » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:53:51

Usually if you double-click (in Windows) on the iso image it will
automatically run your CD-burning software. If not, you'll need to run the
software yourself and make sure you select "burn from ISO image" in the menu,
or else you'll end up with a CD with one big file - not what you want.

--
kelly martin ** remove the 'NOSPAM' to send me email.
A boy, not a girl, in Calgary Canada.

1. HELP iso image burning to cd and making it bootable HELP

       Can you help me!!!! I just downloaded mandrake linux as an .iso image
i then ran it through easy cd and picked make from iso image..... However I
been reading that it must be bootable or somthing. How is a cd bootable adn
how do i make it bootable. I dont see any .exe or install programs in the
file folders so i guess it does need to be bootable. Is there a floppy to
make so that the floppy is bootable I know nt comes that
way...................

2. VESA IDE cards? Do they work?

3. How to mount ISO CD image file instead of real CD?

4. J. Wintelshire Sez Big Deal

5. RedHat 5.2: Burned bootable ISO image for Setup boots, but fails to initialize cd - HELP!

6. Can't find *mstpaths.h* for STIX!

7. Help on How to generate a CD ISO image from a .tar file?

8. Apache - logging message body data.

9. ISO ISO ISO ISO HELP

10. CD Server - Why an ISO image?

11. Creating cds from downloaded iso-images fails

12. Creating CD from ISO image?

13. Suse 6.3 CD-ROM image (iso)