Compatibility with the onboard sound, video, and networking of the MSI 845G Max

Compatibility with the onboard sound, video, and networking of the MSI 845G Max

Post by cocoa.. » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:29:48

Hey, To what extent (if any) is Linux and X compatible with the MSI 845G Max mobo builtin networking, sound and graphics. The video uses Intel Extreme Graphics and the sound uses 2.2 AC97 Codec and is compatible with the Windoze Sound Max drivers. Not sure about the networking chips. I got my info from http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms/845GMax.asp and http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1185_2.html and some Google searches. I'd appreciate any knowledge you have about this. Thanks a lot, hbmartin

1. Compatibility with the onboard sound, video, and networking of the MSI 845G Max

Hey, To what extent (if any) is Linux and X compatible with the MSI 845G Max mobo builtin networking, sound and graphics. The video uses Intel Extreme Graphics and the sound uses 2.2 AC97 Codec and is compatible with the Windoze Sound Max drivers. Not sure about the networking chips. I got my info from http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms/845GMax.asp and http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1185_2.html and some Google searches. I'd appreciate any knowledge you have about this. Thanks a lot, hbmartin

2. : Q: 3D look and feel to windows, buttons etc

3. MB MSI 845G Max and Mandrake linux 10.0 installation

4. Redhat NFS install

5. MSI 6368L w/onboard sound and video

6. Need information

7. Newbie trying to set up Realtek ACL650 onboard sound for MSI KT333(argh!)

8. What is the problem with NFS under AIX?

9. Onboard video compatibility Redhat 6.0

10. On-board Video, sound, NIC

11. ASUS CUSL2 onboard video/sound

12. MSI Mobo w/ onboard "everything"