/dev/sequencer prob?

Post by Uri Blumenth » Sun, 26 Mar 1995 06:48:06

First - sorry for crossposting, but I'm not sure
whether this belongs to dev.sys, or simply help.

Anyways, I'm trying to run an application that
used /dev/sequencer, and it complains that the
device named doesn't exist. Trying to "cat" it
proves, that even  though  there's an entry in
/dev directory,  apparently the driver doesn't
serve it.

I run 1.2.1 kernel (no extra hacks :-) and Gravis
UltraSound. The GUS driver is configured in and
it works, i.e. Xpilot produces sounds, as well
as DOOM...

I don't have MIDI interface, so I didn't configure
it in...

My question is: should /dev/sequencer be operational
in my setup at all? If yes - how to achieve it?

Please e-mail. Thanks!
--
Regards,

------------
<Disclaimer>
everyone else's.

1. /dev/audio and /dev/sequencer problems!

Hi,

I compiled my kernel I get /dev/audio, /dev/audio1, /dev/sequencer and /dev/sequencer2 device
files, but then I deleted them by rm command as my sound card did not work. But then i never got them
back although I cmpiled the kernel with /dev/dsp /dev/audio and /dev/sequencer support again and again.

is there anyone who can help me to create these device files again?

cheers,

Umut

2. 3c509 NICs and Red Hat 6.1

3. sync /dev/dsp & /dev/sequencer?

4. Help with RLimitMEM & RLimitNPROC Directives

5. Rerouting /dev/midi and /dev/sequencer to tiMIDIty?

6. about identd on a dial-up host

7. /dev/midi, /dev/sequencer do not work

8. ** HELP: IRSIM on Solaris

9. /dev/sequencer and /dev/midi

10. /dev/sequencer and /dev/lp0

11. sequencer probs