nntp posting problem with trn

Post by Ted Uhlema » Fri, 13 Jan 1995 09:08:34

[this is being forwarded for a customer; please reply to his address below]

I am having a real problem posting from trn. I geta message saying,
"Server aborted, no Newsgroup "". But I do put the name of the
Newsgroup "comp.os.linux.help", which I see when I give a List
command before confirming Send.

Thanks for any help.

Bharat S. Jhaveri

--

 Texas    \voice (214)705-2900  data (214)705-2901/metro(214)647-5716

1. cant post with trn/nntp inn missing?

I am running the slackware 1.1.1 distribution,
with a 0.99.pl15g, net-2e beta 4 kernel. Using
CSLIP and Smail.

I installed trn from source, and found that it wasnt trying to use
NNTP even tho I'd set the correct options for NNTP.

After a little research I discovered the install forgot to
create the nnntpserver file in /usr/local/lib/trn (I thought
it would use the NNTPSERVER in /etc like rtin does).

So now my users say they can read but not post. get an
error message about /usr/local/bin/inn not being found.

This confuses me because rtin works fine, so I know the
news.server is there and responding correctly.

what am I doing wrong?
how do I fix the trn to be able to post like rtin does?

---------

Q2: how does one cancel a posted article, using rtin or trn/nntp?

                 thanks,

2. Why are slow window managers and desktops slow?

3. Can't post with trn v2.2 NNTP

4. NTP on Linux

5. TERM, NNTP and TRN problems

6. Current Netgear FA310TX use DEC Tulip or not?

7. trn/Pnews problem - no NNTP ?????

8. Is uugetty broken for Kernels 1.2.x ?

9. trn problem posting

10. trn/Pnews posting problem, please help?

11. Problem posting news with TRN

12. trn and nntp under Red Hat 4.2

13. How to connect trn to remote NNTP server