Philips LMS CM-206 CD-Rom

Post by David J. Gra » Sat, 11 Feb 1995 02:58:51

Ok at it again...

Is there any one out there that is developing or writing a device driver
for the Philips LMS -206/260 drive/adapter package?

please contact me

--Dave Graff

It's a WARPed world out there and I sure as H*LL don't do Windows!

1. LMS Philips CD-ROM (CM-206)

I recently acquired a really cheap 2X Philips/LMS CD-ROM drive.  I already
have a working SB/Panasonic CD-ROM, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add
another drive.  (2X + 2X = 4X hee hee).

Anyways, the new LMS drive works perfectly in DOS and windows. After doing
some research, I found that there's a kernel patch for LMS/Philips CD-ROM
drives (CM-205, CM-202, etc).  However, for some unmentioned reason, this
patch specifically doesn't support the CM-206 CD-ROM drive.  Is there any
linux support for the drive?  Is there any way I can modify the kernel
patch for CM-205 so that it'll work with CM-206 drives?

The drive attaches to a Philips CM-260 ISA adapter.  The connector is some
kind of proprietary design... <shrug>

I'd appreciate any help

--
Mike San Jose

2. Music Playing

3. Driver for Philips LMS CM-206 CD?

4. HELP!! Lilo and CONFIG.SYS

5. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM device driver: where?

6. Finger help?

7. RedHat 4.2 & Philips CD-ROM (CM-206/260)

8. does anyone have c code for making a ramdisk?

9. Philips CM-206 CD-Rom Drive

10. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM drivers in order to install Linux

11. HELP WITH LMS CM 206 CD-ROM

12. Looking for a Philips LMS 206 (not 205) CD-ROM driver

13. Help: cd-rom with philips LMS-206