Please Help with ProSonic Sound/SCSI/CD Card

Please Help with ProSonic Sound/SCSI/CD Card

Post by Jeffrey V. Stee » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 12:16:13

I have a ProSonic 16 sound card that came with a Media Vision Multimedia
kit.  The SCSI boot disk does not seem to detect it and I have been unable
to mount the CD drive.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do
about this?

Thanks much,

Jeff

p.s.  I'm trying to install Slackware Pro 2.1 with the latest boot disks

--

1. FreeBSD with Media Vision ProSonic sound/scsi card

I am running a 386-40, 8mb, FreeBSD 2.1.0 RELEASE

I have a Media Vision 16-bit sound card(ProSonic NOT
ProAudioSpectrum/PAS) with a Future Domain SCSI interface
for the attached CD-ROM drive.  (btw: I use a IDE HD)
According to the documentation FreeBSD supports Future
Domain as noted below, but no drivers/devices are listed
in the kernel config file or LINT for that matter.
from hardawre faq:
4.2.    What SCSI controllers are supported?
FreeBSD supports the following SCSI controllers:
     Future Domain
        TMC-950 Series <ISA>
from handbook:
  o  Future Domain 8xx/950 series SCSI controllers.

two questions

Where is the support(drivers), if any, for future
domain scsi??

Any thoughts on what scsi interface my sound card
might have? The documentation just describes it
as "Future Domain"...no model.

My sound card claims Sound Blaster compability, but
don't they all.  Does this compatibility come from
software drivers that I would typically load in
MS-DOG, or does it come from actual hardware compability?

I guess the real question is can I use the FreeBSD
Sound Blaster drivers/devices to make my ProSonic
sound card work?

2. A Modest Proposal for Java(tm) dependency selection among ports

3. Media Vision ProSonic 16 sound card SCSI driver?

4. problem with bootin Solaris

5. Prosonic Sound Card and SCSI controller

6. fdisk fails on 0xF partitions

7. ## Help ## Can I install SCO 5.0.2 from a MV ProSonic SCSI card?!

8. kernel 2.0.x modules problem

9. Sound card HELP please!! SB16 Multi-CD

10. Linux and Prosonic 16 sound card

11. Does MediaVision's ProSonic 16 Sound card work?

12. Please help with SCSI cards for CD-RW

13. MS Windows Sound System (PLEASE Help me with this sound card) !!!!!!!