trn problem

Post by cosc19 » Sat, 09 Apr 1994 05:42:44

Hi. I just installed trn Slackware distribution, and I have the following
messages and no news.

newsgroup use the g<newsgroup> command.
---------------------

I read NEWS-HOW, but no similar questions.  Could someone give an
idea ?  Thanks.

1. TERM, NNTP and TRN problems

I am trying to read news via a nntpserver using TERM and TRN.  When I run
TRN I get:

This machine does not have permission to use the MYHOSTNAME news server.

Unexpected close of server socket.

I realize that MYHOSTNAME might have to be listed somewhere, but I have
no idea where.  I have done a tredir 119 MYNNTPSERVERVIATERM:119.

-Fred
--

Freddy A. Balady, N2MTA               New Jersey Institute of Technology

2. keyboard error under DOSEMU 0.60

3. trn problem posting

4. HACMP 4.3.1 logging API errors every 15 secs

5. trn problems

6. Tripwire_221: cron job?

7. trn problem

8. Software for a Labtam Xterminal

9. Cnews/trn problem - SLackware 2.0.0

10. trn 4.0: macro language and piping articles to sendmail / trn FAQ

11. Debian dselect problem: trn, leafnode, inews

12. nntp posting problem with trn

13. problem with trn-3.6/Linux