NCR 53C810 INSTALL PROBLEM

Post by Markus Digrub » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 19:35:22

Hello everybody,
this may be a FAQ, but we have already read all the manuals we could get, and
still don't know how to handle our problem.
We use a no-name motherboard 523 VIP with a Pentium 60 MHz CPU,
an OPTi chipset, and with a NCR-chip 53C810 on board.
Our BIOS is an Award Modular BIOS v. 4.50G.
We tried any bootdisk, we could get (e.g. Slackware bootdisks, from CD-ROM and
others from the Internet), and we tried to set the correct parameters of the
hostcontroller at the LILO prompt (e.g. generic 5380=0xe800,11,0 ,...) as
posted in various Newsgroups.

Nothing worked - '0 hosts detected' was the only statement we got.
(I hate to say that, but under DOSE everything works )

Has anybody any idea how to make linux detect the NCR-Chip?
Any prescription would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Markus

1. NCR 53C810 INSTALL PROBLEM

Hello everybody,

this may be a FAQ, but we have already read all the manuals we could get, and
still don't know how to handle our problem.
We use a no-name motherboard 523 VIP with a Pentium 60 MHz CPU,
an OPTi chipset, and with a NCR-chip 53C810 on board.
Our BIOS is an Award Modular BIOS v. 4.50G.
We tried any bootdisk, we could get (e.g. Slackware bootdisks, from CD-ROM and
others from the Internet), and we tried to set the correct parameters of the
hostcontroller at the LILO prompt (e.g. generic 5380=0xe800,11,0 ,...) as
posted in various Newsgroups.

Nothing worked - '0 hosts detected' was the only statement we got.
(I hate to say that, but under DOSE everything works )

Has anybody any idea how to make linux detect the NCR-Chip?
Any prescription would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Markus

Markus Digruber, Inst.f. Heat Transfer,Technical University  Vienna, Austria

2. login

3. curses and color

4. problems installing with ncr 53c810 controller

5. Good BSD Router Reading?? bedtime stories??

6. NCR 53c810 and slackware 2.2 install problem

7. Programming applications in Linux and Win

8. Can't install Slackware 2.3.0 (NCR 53c810/Quantum TRB850S woes)

9. Help! NCR 53c810 bootproblems after installing

10. Installing fbsd 3.2 with onboard scsi ncr 53c810

11. Problem with NCR 53c810 SCSI

12. NCR 53c810 IRQ boot problem