No home directory at log in

Post by ramanand Manday » Mon, 27 Mar 1995 14:52:53

Hi Folks,

The subject line says it all. I try loggin in as a user but I get the
following message:

        No directory : /home/username

I checked and this directory does exist. It also has the correct
permissions (rwxr_xr_x) as do all the directories in the path from the
root. I am at a loss to understand what is happening here. I suspect
this is more of a UNIX question than a unique problem with Linux.

The user account had been working till yesterday when I tried
installing the elm program from the slackware distribution. I had
previously installed it and it worked fine. But for some reason, this
time when I installed it this new problem cropped up. I am not sure if
there is any connection between the two.

Could some kind soul help me please

Thanks in advance,

Ramanand

I've setup a FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE box to connect a network to the internet
with natd and ipfw firewall.
I've also setup the FreeBSD box to let teleworkers log in with FTP and
telnet.

Now I would like to log FTP and telnet Log-in's from teleworkers who connect
to the machine from the internet.
I woul like to see the time and IP numer from which users Log-in.

I have looked at the /var/log/messages file but this only shows SU Login's.

All help is greatly appriciated!

Luke

2. PPPoE for Solaris 2.6/7?

3. NIS+ error : No directory! Logging in with home=/

4. kill Xsun?

5. **logging into home directory**

6. Directory gone but files are still there? what happened?

7. No directory! Logging in with home=/

8. HELP problem with xmkmf

9. problem logging in using NIS + automounted home directories.

10. Save Apache logs into user home directories

11. No Directory! Logging in with HOME=/

12. automountd: trying to mount odd home directories(/home/.htaccess)