Linux & Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape Streamer problems

Linux & Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape Streamer problems

Post by Fausto Brando » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 00:53:29

Hi, Linuxers

I have bought the YGGDRASIL cd-rom (release: fall '93) and I'm in trouble with it.

I have a tape drive (not SCSI) Colorado Jumbo 250 that uses standard
cassette DC2120 in QIC80 format. It works well when I use it with MsDOS.
But, when linux boots up, it claims there are not tape drives present on
the system (because it seems to search for SCSI tapes only).

I try some commands like "tar" but I'm not able to read or write
anything to the tape.
What can I do for storing data on QIC80 cassette with tar?

Any suggestion, out there?

Thanks,
Fausto

                              Fausto Brandola