Mouse runs away!

Post by Corwyn Miyagishi » Sun, 14 Nov 1993 23:25:47

I'm running SLS distribution .99pl13 and XFree86 2.0.  In XWindows, my mouse
pointer tends to randomly run away on me.  For example, I'll be typing in a
window, and my mouse sitting still on my desk, and all of a sudden, I won't be
able to type anymore because the pointer has fled for no reason to the side
(or the top or the bottom) of the screen.  Anybody have any clues as to how to
fix this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

--
Corwyn Yasuo Miyagishima
Harvard University, '96

Mouse runs away!

Post by William S. Kast » Mon, 15 Nov 1993 18:10:10

: I'm running SLS distribution .99pl13 and XFree86 2.0.  In XWindows, my mouse
: pointer tends to randomly run away on me.  For example, I'll be typing in a
: window, and my mouse sitting still on my desk, and all of a sudden, I won't be
: able to type anymore because the pointer has fled for no reason to the side
: (or the top or the bottom) of the screen.  Anybody have any clues as to how to
: fix this?

Sounds like you have the wrong mouse configured in  /usr/lib/X11/Xconfig.
Check what you have it set to, and make sure that the setting matches your
mouse.

Incdientally, my mouse runs away like this when I try to use `selection'
outside of X.  Usually I'm in X, so I haven't spent much time tracking
it down ;-)

Just in case you have the same exact mouse (since you don't list
what type you have), here is what worked for me.

--- (from Xconfig)
#Microsoft    "/dev/mouse"    # Yikes, mouse moves by itself
Logitech      "/dev/mouse"    # There, much better
---

Hey everybody, does Linux compile in a mouse type for use in the non-X
console?  Could some kind soul tell me where it is set?

Regards,

-Bill
--
-----
William S. Kaster

1. webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

i made a big mistake hosting with webhosting.com

they do not respond to support and don't know what they are doing. i've
tried everything with them. i havn't heard anything from them in over a
week (they claim 48 hour response). i've even escalated to the
president, three times, and still heard nothing. their 'live support'
feature is a fraud. it is NEVER staffed.

stay away from webhosting.com

i'd love to hear from others with similar experience. they've cost me a
lot of time and money and i intend to get it back.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. test

3. Compiling 2.1.x kernel problems

4. Mouse Hopping Away help?

5. NFS V4 + mmap

6. Mouse Problem wont go away

7. solaris facl ??

8. dlvr_audit run away processes

9. data acquisition, please help me to run away from windows

10. Solaris 7 run away process problem.

11. IRIX efsd running away?

12. Run away "rmdir /mnt/lost+found/#3423" won't die !