DIP with dynamic slip server

Post by Pui Yin James S » Tue, 29 Nov 1994 04:32:46

Hi! Does anyone know how to make a connection with a dynamic slip server
by using DIP?

Pui Yin James SUN

Computer Science Student, the University of British Columbia

DIP with dynamic slip server

Post by Uri Blumenth » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 04:24:56

Please check the README file in the latest DIP
source distribution kit. It's there on purpose (:-).
--
Regards,

------------
<Disclaimer>
everyone else's.

1. dip with DYNAMIC slip server: How?

I understand that dip.3.3.4 and above are supposed to be able to
automatically capture the IP address assigned to you by your
slip server and use this information to set up the sl0 interface
and the routing tables.

But how?  There documentation supplied doesn't say, and there are
no relevant examples.

I see a tantalizing way to "get" a parameter from source "remote",
e.g.

        get $local remote

But dip just sits there after I do this...

Please help...

Thanks,

--Eric

2. KDE and accelerated X

3. DIP Script with Dynamic SLIP Server

4. Two tough questions

5. Wanted:Dynamic SLIP server connection example for dip

6. Linux on Dual Pentium System ?

7. help dip SLIP wil dynamic IP server

8. Memory leak detection tool

9. dip with DYNAMIC slip server: How? - comp.os.linux.help #19559

10. SLIP and DIP only reaches slip server, help!

11. How to setup SLIP using dip for dynamic IP

12. Dynamic Slip address with DIP

13. Need help with DIP in dynamic slip env.