Getting rid of LILO boot

Post by jho.. » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:40:22

My friend uses Linux and a program called LILO to boot up both DOS and Linux.
It edits the boot sector to allow you to choose which OS to use.  However, he
can't seem to get the LILO program out of the boot sector.  Can he do it?

Thanks,

Jason

Getting rid of LILO boot

Post by Joanna Y » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 21:43:50

: My friend uses Linux and a program called LILO to boot up both DOS and Linux
: It edits the boot sector to allow you to choose which OS to use.  However,
: he can't seem to get the LILO program out of the boot sector.  Can he do it?

RTFM, on the MBR?  fdisk /mbr in DOS

-Joanna
----------
Jo Yun                 To every thing there is a season, and a

Getting rid of LILO boot

Post by Timothy Murp » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 00:32:35

>RTFM, on the MBR?  fdisk /mbr in DOS

Which M ?
In my view, this comment should be part of LILO,
and should come up every time LILO is run.

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

1. Getting rid of LILO boot menu

I run Linux on a dual boot PC (Win98/Linux).  I would like to get rid
the LILO dual boot menu and boot directly into Linux.  How can I get rid
of this menu.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

-- vic

2. Oracle say's Microsoft no good!

3. Getting rid of LILO header on boot sector

4. more trouble, gcc2.2.2, won't compile.

5. Getting Rid of LILO

6. TCP/IP hang

7. Newbe: Help getting rid of lilo on 98 disk....

8. Change of OS?

9. Getting rid of LILO

10. Getting Rid Of LILO

11. getting rid of LILO??

12. Getting rid of lilo - any more suggestions?

13. Getting rid of LILO