XConfig Info For HPUvga 1Meg (S3 Chipset)

Post by Soren Curr » Wed, 14 Dec 1994 12:50:29

> You write:

> > To all you XFree Xperts -
> > I have a Mitac 15" Digital-Controlled Screen and
> > this damn HPUVGA S3-Based SVGA card with 1meg RAM.
> > I finally tweaked the XConfig File so startx doesn't
> > bomb out w/ text errors, but now it blanks the screen
> > and hangs the machine (Alt-F1 won't even work)

> > If you can help me out please write.

> which XFree86 version ?
> which S3 chip ?
> which RAMDAC and clock chip ?
> which motherboard, bustype and CPU ?
> please send SuperProbe and XF86_S3 output and your config file.
> for RAMDAC and clock chip, please have a look on our card.
> with this information, it should be possible to give some help,
> Harald

OK I got the newer thir* (13) (<-Thats right folks: 13) disk XF86
and now it works and it does look good!
I'm running at 1024x768 and here are my specs:
XFree86: v.3.1 (I think)
S3 - 924 chipset
RAMDAC is 110 (does this make sense or am I thinking of something else?)
hardware: HP Vectra PC with a (non-original) i486dx2-66 and 12 Meg. RAM.
          The HPUVGA card (w/ 1Meg) is actually built into the board.
          An Adaptec 1522A ISA-SCSI controller controls a Connor 1GB
          Hard disk with a 530Meg Linux partition & a 16Meg Swap disk.
          I also have a 170Meg IDE Disk which contains my MBR.
          The motherboard is running at 33MHz.

MY SITUATION: I finally got it working and all, but the picture is all
interlaced looking. Like if I tilt my monitor to the side it flickers
a bit. I'm running at 1024x768x256 and in MSWin this looks really clean.
What is a modeline "1024 768" line that will improve my refresh rates?
Does anyone have any idea

1. XConfig Info For HPUvga 1Meg (S3 Chipset)

To all you XFree Xperts -

I have a Mitac 15" Digital-Controlled Screen and
this damn HPUVGA S3-Based SVGA card with 1meg RAM.
I finally tweaked the XConfig File so startx doesn't
bomb out w/ text errors, but now it blanks the screen
and hangs the machine (Alt-F1 won't even work)

If you can help me out please write.

2. Oracle Question

3. Newbie... virtual windows...

4. Help with new S3 video card: S3: Unknown S3 chipset chip_id = 0x31e1 rev. 61

5. Looking for Study Guides on Solaris 7

6. S3 S3 S3 X X X S3 S3 S3

7. NNTP Proxy

8. xconfig info for Daimond Stealth SE (Trio32 Chipset)

9. Xconfig for TVGA8900 w/1meg

10. xconfig w/clgd543x 1meg pci

11. XCONFIG: Need a Xconfig for S3

12. 440LX Chipset mother board via S3 Chipset VGA Card