Connecting with kppp

Post by Fred » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have linux mandrake and am trying to get an internet conection .My isp is
msn.com. I configured kppp connected and then msn terminates the conection
with this error message  ^D^EM-t^B^F  . The log says that  my ip terminated
the connection  and to check my password and or call my isp. I called msn
and got the reply that linux was incompatable  with their service and I
should stick with windows.If someone could help with this I would appreciate
it very much.

Connecting with kppp

Post by an idio » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Get a new ISP. This is how MS is fighting MSN. If Not try configuring your
the expect and send script.
There's a program in windows 95 that lets you view the modenm dial.
see what it sends and what it gets back. it's only an idea but i hope it
helps.

> I have linux mandrake and am trying to get an internet conection .My isp is
> msn.com. I configured kppp connected and then msn terminates the conection
> with this error message  ^D^EM-t^B^F  . The log says that  my ip terminated
> the connection  and to check my password and or call my isp. I called msn
> and got the reply that linux was incompatable  with their service and I
> should stick with windows.If someone could help with this I would appreciate
> it very much.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%||||||||||||||||||||||||%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%||||||||||||||||||||||||%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Connecting with kppp

Post by Moritz Moeller-Herrma » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>I have linux mandrake and am trying to get an internet conection .My isp is
>msn.com. I configured kppp connected and then msn terminates the conection
>with this error message  ^D^EM-t^B^F  . The log says that  my ip terminated
>the connection  and to check my password and or call my isp. I called msn
>and got the reply that linux was incompatable  with their service and I
>should stick with windows.If someone could help with this I would appreciate
>it very much.

This is Micro Soft Network. If it were compatible to anything but Windows,
they would probably change it.
Just switch ISP.

--

Get my public pgp / gpg key from                        # Open Source(TM)
http://webrum.uni-mannheim.de/jura/moritz/pubkeymoritz  # but also

Connecting with kppp

Post by patma » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, why support them if they can't support you?
Switch, switch..

> >I have linux mandrake and am trying to get an internet conection .My isp
is
> >msn.com. I configured kppp connected and then msn terminates the
conection
> >with this error message  ^D^EM-t^B^F  . The log says that  my ip
terminated
> >the connection  and to check my password and or call my isp. I called msn
> >and got the reply that linux was incompatable  with their service and I
> >should stick with windows.If someone could help with this I would
appreciate
> >it very much.

> This is Micro Soft Network. If it were compatible to anything but Windows,
> they would probably change it.
> Just switch ISP.

> --

> Get my public pgp / gpg key from                        # Open Source(TM)
> http://webrum.uni-mannheim.de/jura/moritz/pubkeymoritz  # but also
> KDE forever! Use Linux to impress your friends!         # Open Minded!

1. Modem cuts out while connecting with kppp

I am trying to get my ppp connection up and running, and have a
problem with my modem connecting.  It whistles for a few seconds and
then cuts out without explanation.  All the result codes are good
(except NO DIALTONE is disabled b/c of voice mail) and I have tried
every relevant init code in the book.  Its a USR Sportster 28.8.  Any
ideas?

2. Gerber to XFig

3. Unable to connect with kppp

4. Apache:mod_rewrite syntax help please

5. Connecting with kppp

6. Remove everything from a line before X

7. Connecting using kppp

8. LILO issue

9. KPPP connects to ISP but can't go to any sites!

10. KPPP won′t connect to ISP correctly

11. US Robotics 5686 external modem fails to connect-kppp-RH7.2

12. Connect fine via Kppp, but no 'net apps work...