NetScape - compiled with TERM

Post by Andrew Lil » Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:35:54

Somehow, ew need to persuade the netscape people to compile a version of
netscape with the libtermnet.... I tried termifying netscape and it did
not work... if anyone has any other ideas please tell me... netscape
looks a lot better than mosaic IMHO....

Andrew Liles
Andrew Liles

finger for PGP 2.6 Public Key

Post by Tim D. Gilm » Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:52:09

>Somehow, ew need to persuade the netscape people to compile a version of
>netscape with the libtermnet.... I tried termifying netscape and it did
>not work... if anyone has any other ideas please tell me... netscape
>looks a lot better than mosaic IMHO....

I "termified" the binary, tried it out and it didn't work.  I was getting
"Cannot connect to host" messages.  What you have to do is go under
options / Preferences / mail and proxies and edit the line called "SOCKS
host" and enter the path of your term socket.  i.e. if you're running
term from root enter "/root/.term/socket".  Entering that was met with

SOCKS host "/root/.term/socket" is unknown

however, it made it work anyway.  I tried removing the line under SOCKS
host and tried to open a url.  didn't work.  So this is definite must  to
get it working.

So now I am using netscape without TIA, and all of the software needed to
do it is FREE!  neiner-neiner-neeeeeener!

I still haven't figured out how to get the newsreader working, but I've
only played around with it for about 10 minutes.  If someone does, please
post.

        =tim=

--
                          Tim D. Gilman
FVWM users check out: ftp.netcom.com:/pub/tdgilman/Fvwmrcs

NetScape - compiled with TERM

Post by Philip D. Humphery » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 09:55:38

Quote:

> I still haven't figured out how to get the newsreader working, but I've
> only played around with it for about 10 minutes.  If someone does, please
> post.

After getting help from tim, I had no difficulty getting the news reader to work.
You go into Options, and then News and enter the remote news server.

Singin' in the sunshine and laughin' in the rain,
Phil Humpherys

For WWW, click <A HREF="http://bert.cs.byu.edu/~humphery/humphery.html">
here</a> for more information about me.

NetScape - compiled with TERM

Post by Tim D. Gilm » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 11:15:43

Quote:

>> I still haven't figured out how to get the newsreader working, but I've
>> only played around with it for about 10 minutes.  If someone does, please
>> post.

>After getting help from tim, I had no difficulty getting the news reader to work.
>You go into Options, and then News and enter the remote news server.

I suppose that makes perfect sense. :-)  I was fooling around with tredir
and port 119. Silly me...

        =tim=

--
                               Tim D. Gilman
                    http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tdgilman
          FVWM users check out: ftp.netcom.com:/pub/tdgilman/Fvwmrcs

NetScape - compiled with TERM

Post by Ka » Fri, 25 Nov 1994 16:17:03

: >
[...]

does this mean, that the binary still has to be termified ?
Will termified binaries work with term 1.14 ? (version 2.0.x and above
never ever worked for my, they are just dead)
bye,Kai

1. netscape compiled for term?

Does anyone know where to get Netscape compiled for use with term?
I am runnign Term on Linux.
...I heard it was portable.

Thank you.

--
\|/ _____ \|/                |  Marco Balzamo --- Pres. Computer Sci. Club

  |   V   |                  |  Office: Academic Computing, Robinson Hall
   \__o__/                   |  Voice : 256-6846

"No need for a cool sig,     |  WWW   : http://elvis.rowan.edu/~balzamo
 it is assumed that I am     |  Title : Net Nerd
        COOL!"               |

2. installing new ghostscript RPM

3. Netscape compiled with term

4. How to change KDE video settings?

5. Missing client.a from term while compiling ftpd-term..

6. writes a file to a user

7. {term} compiling term on DG Aviion, any ideas?

8. DOS/Merge 1.2.1 installation

9. Cannot run local Netscape under term -- help!

10. Solved: Netscape/Mosaic Problem with Term :)

11. help setup netscape/mosaic+term

12. Netscape for term

13. HELP: Netscape and Term?!?!