Help Xserver

Post by Linda L » Sat, 16 Oct 1993 20:22:31

I hope this is not in FAQs.
I am trying to run xgopher at school through slip connection. But when
I type xgopher&, I got the following error message:

Xlib: connection to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to server
Error: Can't open display

Can someone pls help me with this problem.

Thanks.

Help Xserver

Post by Yu-Cheng Sh » Sat, 16 Oct 1993 20:52:54

Hi,
        I hope this is not in FAQs. I am trying to run xgopher at
mainfram through SLIP connection. But after I type xgopher&, I got the
following error message:

Xlib: connection to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display

Can someone pls help me.

Thanks.
-----

Help Xserver

Post by Mr. Bassm » Sat, 16 Oct 1993 22:46:27

Quote:>    I hope this is not in FAQs. I am trying to run xgopher at
> mainfram through SLIP connection. But after I type xgopher&, I got the
> following error message:

> Xlib: connection to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> Error: Can't open display

You need to use the "xhost" command (see man page). This controls remote access
to X servers. You can use it to restrict access to only certain machines, or
to turn on/off access restriction. Call it from the machine you wish to connect
to.

Mr. Bassman
--
:    Steve "Mr. Bassman" Bryant    : Announcing the all-new Microsoft :
:     Platform Services (UNIX)     :   Windows NT...    ...from the   :

1. Help -- Xserver already running?

I installed XFree86 3.3.3.1 and got good results.  Unfortunately, now
when I log in
as a user instead of root and "startx" I get the following message.

     1
     2 _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener()
failed
     3 _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
     4
     5 Fatal server error:
     6 Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server
isn't already running
     7
     8 When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
     9 the full server output, not just the last messages
    10
    11 _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
    12 giving up.
    13 xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X
server
    14 xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

No matter how many times I exit, reboot, or change consoles the problem
remains but only
when I log in as user.  If I exit and log back in as root all is well
again.

Please help.  Thanks.
Scott Guess
Scott.Guess at Asu.edu

2. how can I write this Ipchains rules ?? ?

3. help - Xserver on Toshiba 6400

4. ppp problems

5. HELP:Xserver HANGUP

6. Xserver

7. HELP: XServer and visuals supported

8. Linux and a Windows 2000 domain

9. Help Xserver unpredictable crash

10. help xserver setup

11. help -Xserver and tecra 780dvd

12. dos xserver to acces linux xserver connections.

13. New Mach64: XServer shows only garbage [Please help]