AfterStep - how do I get rid of it??

Post by Michael War » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I switched to the AfterStep window just for the hell of it - how do I
get
rid of it and go back to the GUI that looks like Win95???

AfterStep - how do I get rid of it??

Post by Broc » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Choose FVWM-95 under wmstyle

> I switched to the AfterStep window just for the hell of it - how do I
> get
> rid of it and go back to the GUI that looks like Win95???

AfterStep - how do I get rid of it??

From "Exit" switch to "Another Level"

Post by Bill Bond » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Choose FVWM-95 under wmstyle

Huh? I'm not stupid, but huh? (I've never used a NeXT machine and
I don't know where 'exit' is or what 'wmstyle' means.)

> > I switched to the AfterStep window just for the hell of it - how do I
> > get
> > rid of it and go back to the GUI that looks like Win95???

AfterStep - how do I get rid of it??

Post by michael james obri » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

: >
: > Choose FVWM-95 under wmstyle
: >
: Huh? I'm not stupid, but huh? (I've never used a NeXT machine and
: I don't know where 'exit' is or what 'wmstyle' means.)

Assuming a RedHat like setup:

Get the pop up menu by left clicking on an open space in the desktop.
Pick the "End session" or "exit" option.  The new submenu should include a
choice called "Switch to"

: > >
: > > I switched to the AfterStep window just for the hell of it - how do I
: > > get
: > > rid of it and go back to the GUI that looks like Win95???

1. Who has done this before: getting rid of shadow password setup?

I did choose shadow passwords when I set up my system,
but I want to get rid of it.
How can I convert /etc/shadow to normal passwords?
This is a production machine with hundreds of userids, and I don't want to
give all users a new password.

Ron.

NetLand Internet Services - Email, Usenet, gopher, WWW, ftp, telnet etc
We also set up Internet-connected BBS'es or a WWW server for your organisation

<A HREF = "http://www.netland.nl/">Info</A> (dutch language only).

2. Building a Service

3. How do I get rid of icons in Afterstep?

4. Help! VFS Kernel Panic - What do I do?

5. !!Getting rid of auto start programs at start/Dialing up freeserve!!

6. How do you generate UUID under Linux?

7. getting rid of 'Lame server on ...' messages

8. Installing on a scsi drive

9. Getting Rid of LILO

10. Newbe: Help getting rid of lilo on 98 disk....

11. Getting rid of "F?" prompt on system boot?

12. Getting rid of cores?

13. Getting rid of sendmail syslog entries