Defragmentor for ext2 wanted

Post by Glen Harr » Tue, 01 Mar 1994 13:40:53

  OK, I've found a defragmentor for the ext file system, but mine are
all ext2.  Has anyone hacked it for the ext2 system?  If not, could
anyone give me pointers on what I would need to change to port it?
Lectures just started, so I've not as much time as I'd like for my
'hobbies' (8-}), so all help appreciated.

  For those interested the defrag source is at sunsite as
/pub/Linux/system/Filesystems/defrag-0.4.tgz

*  Glen Harris     *  3D and Virtual Reality Groupie              *

1. ms defragmentor is corrupting ext2 filesystem in following partition.

hi,
   I had "curved out" 2.5Gb appx. space from my windows
c-drive for installing linux using fips.Thereafter whenever
I have defragmented the C-drive the filesystem in the
immediately following ext2 partition got severely corrupted
and I had to reinstall linux.Ms fdisk is showing partition
info currectly.I want to know if anybody else has faced the
same problem and possible remedies.

thanks a lot
biswarup.

2. 1024x768 and monitor goes night..night...

3. ext2 data recovery suggestions wanted

4. Canon LBP-4u + Ghostscript?

5. 68k/Alpha/PPC/Sun/... users wanted to test ext2 file compression.

6. What Separator???

7. Windows wants to format ext2 partition

8. IMAP clients for linux

9. Wanted : Source of ext2 partition format

10. EXT2 TOOLS: Read ext2 files from DOS

11. Bugs in LVM and ext2 + suggestion for fix (was: Problem mounting ext2 fs on LVM)

12. problem mounting older ext2 with newer ext2 tools installed

13. ext2 and changing "reserved space" (is there a tunefs for ext2?)