ide performance patches

Post by Mark Lo » Fri, 20 May 1994 22:25:44

>Can someone tell me which is the newer set of ide performance patches

>ide4 or ide20 ??

ide20.patch.gz is the current version.
--

ide performance patches

Post by Mark Lo » Fri, 27 May 1994 00:27:45

>: >Can someone tell me which is the newer set of ide performance patches
>: >
>: >ide4 or ide20 ??

>: ide20.patch.gz is the current version.
>: --

>Is there a copy of the 'ide4' patches anywhere?  I recently replaced my
>kernel, and I added the ide20 patches (and didn't take a backup of the old
>patches like an idiot).  I've found the ide20 patches feel slower, and I
>want to rebuild my old kernel to see if I'm right.

They are the same speed for READs, and faster for WRITEs (on most systems).
The 1.0 linux kernel is significantly slower than pl13 for disk I/O,
but the speed has come back in 1.1.x with the cluster patches included.

The ide4 patches no longer exist on any of my systems.. just ide20 (and newer).
--

ide performance patches

Post by Stuart Herbe » Thu, 26 May 1994 02:47:00

: >Can someone tell me which is the newer set of ide performance patches
: >
: >ide4 or ide20 ??

: ide20.patch.gz is the current version.
: --

Is there a copy of the 'ide4' patches anywhere?  I recently replaced my
kernel, and I added the ide20 patches (and didn't take a backup of the old
patches like an idiot).  I've found the ide20 patches feel slower, and I
want to rebuild my old kernel to see if I'm right.

Stuart
--

ide performance patches

Post by NJ. Brut » Fri, 20 May 1994 17:18:18

Can someone tell me which is the newer set of ide performance patches

ide4 or ide20 ??

Thanks Nick