"Mount Problem" Media not mounted correctly

"Mount Problem" Media not mounted correctly

Post by mike wils » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 13:51:11

  I'm trying to get the slackware version of linux going on a disk that
has one partition on it: linux native.  I get through the boot disk (bare)
and then the root install disk (colrlite) ok.  After going through the
setup in the appropriate steps, I will finally get to the point where I'm
ready to install the A series disks.  After it asks for disk A1 I get
the following:
----
MOUNT PROBLEM

Media Not Successfully Mounted.  Do you want to Retry or Quit?
----

If anyone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.  I'm
eager to get this going, but I can't get through this obstacle.

Thanks!

Mike

1. "mounted cd-rom" and "mounted samba share" icons on KDE 3.1 desktop

I have just installed Mandrake 9.1/KDE 3.1 on my machine. I noticed
that I now have a set of icons coresponding to automounted
directories. For example, I have both a "Mounted CD-ROM" and a
"Mounted Samba (Windows)"-type icon. While I think this is a nice
trick, I would like to remove these icons from my desktop (I prefer
the command line for such things). However, I could not find any way
to achieve this; right-clicking on the icons does not offer a "delete"
choice. I would greatly appreciate if somebody would enlighten me as
to what KDE option or configuration file do I have to modify.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Gerd

2. fvwm-problems

3. What's the difference between "mount=true"and "mount=automatic"?

4. DeskWriter 540 with Linux?

5. "mount -o bind" - "fs type none not supported" error

6. atmel remap

7. Mount Problems (RH7.0) Mounting an "old" SYSV/Xinit Disk!

8. Send attachment file command

9. How to avoid "media changed" message when mounting CD ?

10. Mount DVD - "no medium"

11. "Wrong media type" when mounting cdrom.

12. mounting CD-R results in "No medium found"