stealth 64 Vram PCI

Post by Nicholas John Nguy » Sun, 12 Feb 1995 15:35:37

I have just installed linux and let XF86config3.1.1 configure
my xwindows set up but when I run startx it says that no modes
can be found and that xinit is not a file or directory?  I have tried
endless things and it still doesn't not work.  Anyone that has gotten
it to work please e-mail me how.  I am rather new at this.  Do I need
to make a link with XF86_S3?  Do I need a new version of it?

nick

stealth 64 Vram PCI

Post by CIS-9 » Mon, 13 Feb 1995 14:42:20

        Hi guy, try to read back the old article in this NEW, you will
get the answer. I don't want to write it again.

Quote:>I have just installed linux and let XF86config3.1.1 configure
>my xwindows set up but when I run startx it says that no modes
>can be found and that xinit is not a file or directory?  I have tried
>endless things and it still doesn't not work.  Anyone that has gotten
>it to work please e-mail me how.  I am rather new at this.  Do I need
>to make a link with XF86_S3?  Do I need a new version of it?

>nick

1. Trouble with XFree 3.1.1 and Diamond Stealth 64 VRam/PCI

Hi,

I want to report of an unsuccessful attempt to get my Diamond Stealth 64
VRam/PCI Card to work with XFree 3.1.1! I completely installed
XFree 3.1.1 on my linux-machine and configured it using xf86config (with
btw has become absolutely easy to use). However, if I start the
XF86_S3 accelarated server, the screen simply goes black. If I switch
back to text mode, I can see the correct X-screen for fragments of a
second. Switching back to the X-screen from text-mode, the correct
X-screen is visible but the system crashes :-(

I conclude that my card does not work with XFree 3.1.1. But what to do
now? Since there are many reports that Diamond Stealth 64 cards are
running under Xfree, this might be a case for Diamond's technical
support. Or should I wait for XFree 3.1.2? :-)

Stefan.

2. Port Mapping

3. Random pixel changes with Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM (PCI)

4. ATI mach64!!

5. Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM PCI - XF86Config

6. RPMS for XFree86 4.01??

7. (no) Trouble with XFree 3.1.1 and Diamond Stealth 64 VRam/PCI

8. Printer Stops - PostScript Error?

9. Diamond Stealth 64 VRam PCI card & XF86

10. diamond stealth 64 vram pci

11. Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM PCI - problems

12. XFree86-3.1.2 Need NEC 4FGe Monitor and Stealth 64 VRAM PCI Config

13. Diamond Stealth 64 Vram PCI and S3 chipset