Help with sendmail, please!

Post by Tony P Hockenber » Mon, 16 Jan 1995 17:14:49

Hello,

I have recently installed linux 1.1.59 on a 486/80 with NE2000 net card.  My
problem is with sendmail.  I can send mail from the linux box to anywhere just
fine.  However, it never receives mail.  The sendmail daemon bounces all
mail back to the sender when sent from any site to the linux machine.
However, it can receive mail fine locally(sending from one account to another
on the linux box).

I'm sure that I have overlooked something.  I would greatly appreciate any
help or suggestions.

thanks in advance,

Tony

Help with sendmail, please!

Post by David Ramahefas » Fri, 20 Jan 1995 08:15:46

: Hello,

: I have recently installed linux 1.1.59 on a 486/80 with NE2000 net card.  My
: problem is with sendmail.  I can send mail from the linux box to anywhere just
: fine.  However, it never receives mail.  The sendmail daemon bounces all
: mail back to the sender when sent from any site to the linux machine.
: However, it can receive mail fine locally(sending from one account to another
: on the linux box).

: I'm sure that I have overlooked something.  I would greatly appreciate any
: help or suggestions.

: thanks in advance,

: Tony

I had the same problem!!!!
Verify that the name of your you have used in your smail configuration file
EDITME is the same that the one you've given to your mail server. And check
that your hostname, domain name, smart_path in smail/lib/config are correct.

A Simple LinuX User             |           France.

1. I need help w/ sendmail, please!

Hello group(s),

    I have a machine I'm administering that is running SCO Openserver 5.0.
(svr4).  When the initial install was done, 'mmdf' was chosen as the mail
agent.  While I do know how to disable mmdf, I'm wondering if anyone knows
how I can get sendmail and put it on this machine without having to
re-install(I don't have the capability to compile anything on this machine
either)!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
L Hill

2. Trouble with NFS demaon on RH 7.2 and kernel 2.4.16

3. help with sendmail please

4. storing data with long, open connection

5. Help with sendmail please...

6. Losing 1 minute during reboot

7. Need help with sendmail - please!

8. Useless Use of Cat and then some - for your spare time

9. HELP with sendmail please!

10. Help On Sendmail, Please!

11. help with sendmail please