mounting a stacker drive

Post by Alex Brow » Tue, 08 Nov 1994 07:19:19

        Is there a program on the net that will allow you to access a
stacker compressed drive?  If there isn't can someone give me a clue on
where to look for info on writing a program to do this... I have no clue
how linux file systems work... I would prefer you respond by email but I
will check here for awhile.

                                        Thanks in advance for any help
                                        Alexis Brown

mounting a stacker drive

Post by John Lell » Wed, 09 Nov 1994 00:36:31

:       Is there a program on the net that will allow you to access a
: stacker compressed drive?  If there isn't can someone give me a clue on
: where to look for info on writing a program to do this... I have no clue
: how linux file systems work... I would prefer you respond by email but I
: will check here for awhile.

You can always access it by running dosemu and doing a DOS copy to the mounted
Linux filesystem.  I don't know of a native Linux filesystem which will allow
you to mount it, though.  (There is an alpha version of a file system to mount
doublespace drives, but last time I saw it it was still a read-only mount.)

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

mounting a stacker drive

Post by Gerald Cheo » Wed, 09 Nov 1994 06:34:10

Dear John,

Where can I find out more about this doublespace access filesystem?
p'haps I might be able to help with the project as well.

Thank you very much!

Gerald Cheong

> You can always access it by running dosemu and doing a DOS copy to the mounted
> Linux filesystem.  I don't know of a native Linux filesystem which will allow
> you to mount it, though.  (There is an alpha version of a file system to mount
> doublespace drives, but last time I saw it it was still a read-only mount.)

1. Mounting a Stacker drive

I heard it was possible to mount a Stacker drive using dosemu.

Could someone explain me how to do that ?

Thanks !

33, rue Victor Hugo - Villejuif

2. TV Card (BT-848 based cards)

3. Mount Stacker Drive

4. linux docs

5. Linux Mounting Stacker Drives....

6. Difference in PCI slots?

7. Mounting Stackers Drives and CD.ROMS's

8. Hardware, hold the OS...

9. can i mount stacker drive?

10. Req: Info on using Stacker on DOS drive

11. Stacker'd dos drives under linux?

12. Controlling SCSI stacker tape drives

13. Stacker tape drive problems