Linux compatibility

Post by Graham Freem » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 12:55:58

        I've looked for the FAQ, but I can't find it... Maybe you can
help me out.  I'd like to know if either (or hopefully both) of these
controllers are supported by Linux:

Data Technology Corporatin (DTC) DTC 3130 - 32bit PCI/Fast SCSI2
Future Domain TMC-3260 and TMC-3260SVP

        If these aren't, what major PCI cards are supported?

1. linux JRE 1.4 under linux compatibility only runs as root

I'm having the same problem.  It looks like this has been discussed on -STABLE,
-JAVA, -HACKERS, and -QUESTIONS, but to no avail:

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=437107+0+/usr/local/www/d...>

I'm sorry for the redundant cross-post, but this looks like a hard one to
solve.

-jj

--
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate's form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how

2. Cross-device link error?

3. telnet-application for X/Linux

4. Linux Compatibility: Toshiba Satellite T2135CS

5. Btrieve with linux and mars

6. Linux Compatibility Logo

7. ListProcessor 6.0

8. Linux-compatibility resource for RS/6000's?

9. SunOS and AIX against Linux compatibility

10. Linux compatibility - Compaq Proliant 800

11. Linux Compatibility?

12. Installing Kylix and Linux Compatibility