Hitachi Double Speed CD-ROM Drive

Post by Rod Rickenba » Fri, 15 Apr 1994 05:27:21

Has anyone successfully gotten one of these to work with Linux?  Aparantly, it
uses a proprietary controller - not SCSI, not Mitsumi, or Sony.  Anyone
working on a driver?

<ARRRRGGGHHHH!>

-Rod
  Rod Rickenbach                                Delaware Tech Computer Services

1. CDU33A double Speed CD-ROm drive unit

        Hello.  I am having trouble installing my new CDU33A double
speed CDROM drive .  I have compiled in support for:

        scsi cdrom
        scsi generic
        Sony CDU33A Driver

        Upon bootup, I get a loadup message from the sony driver
but the scsi (drivers?) report 0 cdroms found.  I would appreciate
any hints or help anyone can provide.

        Here is detailed information:

        CDROM interface uses memory address 340H.  No other interupt
or such information is available to me.

        Other connected devices are:

        Sound Blaster IRQ5 DMA1 220H
        ATI Mach 32   COM4 ---- 2E0-2EF
        COM1 (mouse)  IRQ4      3F8-3FF
        COM2 (modem)  IRQ3      2F8-2FF
        LP1(laserjet) IRQ7      378-37F

        When I switch the direction the cdrom interface is connected
the machine refuses to boot up? I am unsure of the correct direction.
No information was provided with adaptor.

-matt

2. FYI: Sun Studio 10 compiler is provided free for OpenSolaris participants.

3. 486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

4. xdm-shadow anyone ?

5. Great News for Mitsumi Double Speed Cd-Rom Users!

6. Help! --Can I set the display frequence in Linux enviroment

7. Gateway Double Speed CD-ROM

8. KDE 2.0 error

9. Creative Labs IDE Double Speed CD-ROM

10. Mitsumi double speed cd-rom driver ?

11. Problems with Sony double speed CD-ROM

12. Configuration of a Mitsumi Double-Speed CD-ROM

13. FreeBSD 2.1.5 and Mitsumi FX001D Double speed CD-ROM.